Injuries on Duty

Injuries on Duty are provided for by the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act and Amendments which "provide for compensation for disablement caused by occupational injuries or diseases sustained or contracted by employees in the course of their employment, or for death resulting from such injuries or diseases; and to provide for matters connected therewith".

Drs Monteith, Nay, Wells and Heyman Inc. have been treating work related injuries for in excess of 20 years and have much experience in this field. Our business is computerised enabling our doctors to provide typed copies of all the required doctor's reports, including the First, Progress and Final Reports, as per the Act. Our WCA administration is well organised and queries are dealt with promptly. We appreciate the economic impact of prolonged worker absence and therefore attempt to get injured workers back to the workplace as soon as possible.

In order to manage an injury on duty the patient must present his ID document with Part B of the completed Employers Report of an Accident (Form W.CL.2) at the emergency department.

The Department of Labour has a useful on line guide to Occupational Injuries and the Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act.

The following links will be of use:

Basic Guide to Claiming Compensation for Occupational Injuries
How to Report an Occupational Accident with the Compensation Fund if you are an Employer.
How To Claim from the Compensation Fund if you are a Worker

Important COID documents can be found here:

Employers Report of an Accident (Form W.CL.2)
Notice of Accident and Claim for Compensation (Form W.CL.3)
Resumption Report (Form W.CL.6)
and other documents.

The Compensation Funds contact details are to be found on the Department of Labour's website and on the bottom of their various forms.

Finally, the status of a claim can be checked on line.

Workers should remember to inform their employers of their address changes and keep in touch as the workers money will be sent to the employer. 

If the worker encounters any problem he/she can contact their nearest labour centre.

Please Contact Us if we can assist you with the medical components of your or your employee's claim that we have managed.